Scars of War Spoilers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

HEX Entertainment has taken over publishing for HEX:Shards of Fate, you can read the details of this transition here. The Gameforge HEX forums are currently read only and will be shutting down on 22.03.2017. You can visit the new HEX web site and forums at hextcg.com.

• Reeplay wrote:

So the we don't exactly have many cards spoiled so far so I can't really make any predictions on what is left to spoil but I'll list some other patterns which have been in every set
      1) Every set has had a buffalo. Though as of set 5 we have had all fiveshards of buffalo so a new one would be either an artifact or a start of a new cycle (Maybe even prismatic beginnings but that's a complete guess)
      2) Every set has had at least 1 dragon. Though set 5s dragon was prismatic which leaves this sets dragon open to also being prismatic.
      3) Every set has had an eternal card which is an artifact and legendary. (I probably could add this to the list but since it isn't announced or even hinted at I'm not including it early)
      4) Set 3 + 4 had 10 legendary prismatic cards which made up 10 different shard combinations spread out as 5 per set(Plus Lanupaw). Set 5 currently has 5 of the 10 shard combinations on its own so it is possible the other 5 will end up in set 6. 1 time isn't enough to call this a pattern but I feel the odds look good.
      5) This set probably won't have a vampire as the existing 3 have some in odd number sets.
      There's probably more but those are the notes that come to my off the top of my head
      not the usual vampires but we got more than 3 vampires (vampegasus and vampython). nice post btw
      king tier backer, catalan and european
    • Bansheiri wrote:

Note that the art used in storytelling belongs to some cards. I believe there will be a card with the art (anana and dead prince) as we are shown in the announcement. Maybe an action? This can be added to the cards that we know the art for but not the effect or card itself. Just like the AA cards we know with the art only.

Also I expect to see a card of a king, who is not a king...

Edit: Upon Ozawa's warning just below, I just checked the signs and he may be correct. We just passed fifth sign as far as I know. However, the sign I talked about is twelfth which is too far away probably.

On the other hand, the art used for storytelling of new sets have always been stories about cards/arts that are to be released as far as I know and remember (I tried to go back to older set announcements, but I cannot seem to find them becouse of old forum posts open with no pictures for me). I just speculate out of my bum to add to the little spoiler pile we have for now.

Edit 2: But If I am wrong, How do we explain Zodiac Crowfeather then? I turned back to think I was correct and we may be too far away in prophecies already. Prince Talysen might be the king, who is not a king, since time has come to pass for that prophecy. Since there are many king/queen/prince/boss/high cleric/sensei cards already, I still suspect Prince Talysten to be a card somewhere. That is why I speculated (without evidence) he might be in the set.
      Prince Talysen reanimated as a necrotic would be MASSIVE!!!
    • Showsni wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

He definitely will be. The necrotic will want to resurrect him so he can give an account of what happened to him personally so they can clear their name.
      It wouldn't have happened to him, though, just to the shell he's now inhabiting. Do Necrotic know anything of the lives of the human bodies they inhabit?
      I don't think so. The body is just a "container" so, I think, no memories nor abilities are transferred to the "awakened" necrotic.
    • Showsni wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

He definitely will be. The necrotic will want to resurrect him so he can give an account of what happened to him personally so they can clear their name.
      It wouldn't have happened to him, though, just to the shell he's now inhabiting. Do Necrotic know anything of the lives of the human bodies they inhabit?
      Necrotic do not retain memories (nor do they give a damn to)
      I'm the Lore Hound who easily solved the plot of Campaign's first chapter through art alone.
    • With the rotation of Sets 1 and 2, we're losing a few "thematic" cards. Will we see:

1. New mono-shard dragons? (Probably No)
      2. New Escalation cards? (Probably no but more likely than [1])
      3. New Cerebral constants? (Likely because why not?)
      4. Inspiration making its return? (Too soon for that and also too close to Valor mechanic)
      5. Pact of ____ ? (Unless only the primordial magics (Wild and Blood) get a pact card, then maybe)
      6. A new blob? (A what now?)
      7. A new Briar card (there were 2 in Set 1, 1 in Set 2 and 1 in Set 4 so if there's one every even set, we just might)
    • OzawaWanderer wrote:

Showsni wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Necrotic do not retain memories (nor do they give a damn to)
      Or is it that maybe they do, but they've had no need to display this ability to any outsiders in the past?
    • Bansheiri wrote:

Edit 2: But If I am wrong, How do we explain Zodiac Crowfeather then? I turned back to think I was correct and we may be too far away in prophecies already. Prince Talysen might be the king, who is not a king, since time has come to pass for that prophecy. Since there are many king/queen/prince/boss/high cleric/sensei cards already, I still suspect Prince Talysten to be a card somewhere. That is why I speculated (without evidence) he might be in the set.

The Coyotle don't view time linearly. So the prophecies could be in any order.
    • Utremeld wrote:

Zantetsuken wrote:

Forgive me but... an endless horde of spiders that rises from the grave doesn't scream blood? 8|
      Not really, I'd rather a card that at BBBBB forces target opposing Champion to sacrifice a troop on their upkeep or lose 1 health for every troop on their field or something. A mechanic that says Blood, wouldn't fit in any other shard, and which is powerful and consistently activates the same as the others while controlling the board.
      That could work. I think maybe the when you gain B power could be along the lines of "target troop gets -1/-1" to go with that BBBBB power
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Or is it that maybe they do, but they've had no need to display this ability to any outsiders in the past?

When your character arrives in the Necropolis during the Necrotic tutorial and is a bit lost, they're told pretty clearly that it's normal to not have any memory of the body they're inhabiting. It's just a shell for them. Then again perhaps HxE could decide to make an exception for a character such as Talysen if it serves their story best.
    • Wendek wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

When your character arrives in the Necropolis during the Necrotic tutorial and is a bit lost, they're told pretty clearly that it's normal to not have any memory of the body they're inhabiting. It's just a shell for them. Then again perhaps HxE could decide to make an exception for a character such as Talysen if it serves their story best.
      They don't have to. Each Necrotic is definitely different (different classes, different abilities) so who's to say there isn't already a hierarchy in the minds that inhabit hex? They might have found a shard with the personality of a leader (?) that they're saving up for a suitable body.