Scars of War Spoilers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

HEX Entertainment has taken over publishing for HEX:Shards of Fate, you can read the details of this transition here. The Gameforge HEX forums are currently read only and will be shutting down on 22.03.2017. You can visit the new HEX web site and forums at hextcg.com.

• Rysu wrote:

Hey guys,

Looks like there was a bit of a goof. For those of you saying that Pulverazor is powerful, we agree with you. In fact, we agreed with you over a month ago, but we never updated the version of Pulverazor that was sent out to @Errantsquire to be spoiled. We hit him with the nerf bat a little while back, because he was so powerful on his lonesome (as opposed to being powerful with a big group of troops in play, which was his purpose.) With that in mind we gave his stats a bit of a hit, but left his power intact. We've sent ErrantSquire the updated version, but here is the actual Pulverazor.

Again, sorry for the mixup.

Cheers
      That's still a fantastic limited bomb, but now much more able to be dealt with. Thanks for the quick clarification.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • schild wrote:

Can we get some freaking transparency on the delays and pushbacks?

Jesus.
      I'm sure the team at Hex isn't loving this delay either. We are at a full 5.5 months since Herofall was released. They hit the 4 month mark with that set and that really helped moral.

Cory Jones wrote:

Clearly we do not want 6+ months between sets and we are working hard to hit our internal date of a new set every 4 months. We realize better than most that a healthy TCG requires new sets on a regular and frequent basis; we hope to start hitting these dates this year. I am ready to draft some new cards!
      That was January a year ago.

We seriously need an inspiring Cory post to pump people up.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eternal ().

• AnomalyCobra wrote:

It went from super playable to unable to swing into a 1 cost boltspasm. Until boltspasm leaves the standard meta, big cost troops need 4 defense or they are not playable in most cases
      If you're talking constructed, I can only assume you're probably right(you know constructed way better than me and thus I have no basis to try to argue). If you're talking limited, boltspasms are going to be very rare in set 6 limited meta, and this still leaves you with a bunch of raging troops. As Gorn has shown us... giving rage to things that normally wouldn't have it is an extremely powerful tool.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• I'll fully agree with you that it is still good in limited. But my biggest concern with this game is as follows. ..

Every set we are only given about 20-30 really good constructed cards and everything else is good in limited but not constructed.... This causes sales in the game to go down, little to no AH activity due to many cards not being sought after. Hex is balancing cards strictly around limited and yet they continue to kill the limited environment with all these gauntlets and no real pod play
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

kill the limited environment with all these gauntlets
      Unfounded. But no point arguing since it's all emotion on that point.

AnomalyCobra wrote:

Hex is balancing cards strictly around limited
      If they were, they wouldn't have released things like Wells.

AnomalyCobra wrote:

Every set we are only given about 20-30 really good constructed cards and everything else is good in limited but not constructed
      That is an interesting point. If there are too few constructed cards per set, then perhaps that should be a focus of feedback. Maybe create a feedback thread after the next set is released highlighting how few cards the set has that are actually likely constructed playable and explaining, in detail, why you feel that's a problem. To my knowledge on these forums, I don't think I've ever heard that particular feedback point addressed in a complete manner, so perhaps it might be valuable to take some time to address it in full right after the set comes out. :)

• While the card itself is hilarious ( I can't get enough of Lord Bernard P.D quotes, they are litteral lore golden nuggets) , I thought it was an uncommon at first, it seems like a terribad rare to me.

6 cost double threeshold, basic action, for a temporary buff and conditionnal card draw ... If it gave crush for the turn as well I could see it, but right now I can't see myself playing the card even in limited.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but anyone feels the same ?
    • @Eraia: Are you sure you're in the right place? You're being very calm and providing constructive commentary. This is a spoiler thread, everything here has to be the worst ever and total garbage. Try hitting caps lock maybe?

Joking aside I do think Hex has to work on community outreach and presentation. People are always going to see problems where there aren't any or jump to conclusions, but the Hex team really needs to work on mitigating that. Having someone from the team jump in and correct a card while ignoring everything else going on doesn't make the best impression.
    • Vroengard wrote:

All from LetsdraftHex twitter, from Going Infinite podcast (twitter.com/LetsDraftHex)

I love all three of those. And there we have the ritual!

Fascinating... so if you play that turn 1, you can then play a 3 cost troop turn 2 guaranteed, at the cost of not doing anything else turn 1. Intriguing.

I really like the Windbourne ascension though, I will almost certainly be using that in a few pve decks. :)

Venma wrote:

@Eraia: Are you sure you're in the right place? You're being very calm and providing constructive commentary. This is a spoiler thread, everything here has to be the worst ever and total garbage. Try hitting caps lock maybe?
      Sorry... I'll STRIVE TO BE BETTER.