Scars of War Spoilers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

HEX Entertainment has taken over publishing for HEX:Shards of Fate, you can read the details of this transition here. The Gameforge HEX forums are currently read only and will be shutting down on 22.03.2017. You can visit the new HEX web site and forums at hextcg.com.

• Scars of War Spoilers

Well, might as well get a thread started for this. Our first spoilers:

Edit: Resized and placed side by side. Will try to add more images as we get them, probably won't be able to fit everything in the one post of course.

Edit: As other people have referenced. We also know that there are 5 more wells coming(corresponding to the SD dualshards), as well as the 5 cards referenced on the Set 5 cards(rose kitten, etc.). As well as the season 2/3 ladder reward options(cloud bounder, ivory exemplar, etc.) We have art(possible AA) for the latter ones, but not for the former.

Finally, we can also theorise we'll probably get diamond and blood equivalents to Matriarch/Mightsinger/Empress. (We just got the Diamond version, one of the best looking cards in the game)

Edit the third: Added our new spoiler!
      Edit the fourth: Another spoiler! Pretty cool valor synergy there.
      Edith the fifth: Images images everywhere! Also, I think I will not add anymore images to the first post, don't want to run into size limits.

Edit: Someone just asked for a link to the article explaining the keywords: en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html#/?p=11100
      Diligence means 'When this readies' and Mobilize means 'you can exhaust a single troop to reduce this card's cost while it is in your hand by 2'
      Conscript means 'create a troop and change its threshold to match the threshold of this troop'.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 16 times, last by Eraia ().

• I also want to to track something for set 6 spoilers as well. I'll add it to this post in the next few days. (Basically I'm reserving a spot in a thread that isn't mine).

Edit: Adding my tracking stuff

So a lot of players don't realize that there are patterns to set designs in hex.
      Each rarity has the same number of cards of each shard excluding the prismatic cards. Here's set 5's breakdown to visualize it. (I have one for the other 4 sets as well but I feel you only need to see 1 set to get the idea.)

Set 5CommonUncommonRareLegendaryTotal
      Blood22911244
      Diamond22911244
      Ruby22911244
      Sapphire22911244
      Wild22911244
      Prismatic01010525
      Artifact956323
      Resource10607
      Total120607718275

So with that in mind I'm going to track the above information for set 6 as well and use that to predict what is left to be spoiled.

Left = What is announced (Or strongly assumed).
      Right = What we can gather based on the announcements

Updated up to 21st February
      Set 6CommonUncommonRareLegendaryTotalxSet 6CommonUncommonRareLegendaryTotal
      Blood7106124xBlood91010231
      Diamond7109228xDiamond91010231
      Ruby589123xRuby91010231
      Sapphire9710127xSapphire91010231
      Wild888226xWild91010231
      Prismatic064414xPrismatic064414
      Artifact336214xArtifact336214
      Resource00606xResource00606
      Total39525813162xTotal48596616189

-Talonkeep Watcher, Eldritch Shriek, Relentless Zombies, Scraptooth Gnasher, and Rose Kittens and named on set 5 cards but have not been spoiled. They are included in this list matching the rarity and shard to the paired card in set 5.
      ** Well of Conquest, Well of Cunning, Well of Innovation, Well of Instinct and Well of Life should be in set 6 so I've included them even though they aren't spoiled (Rare resources)
      *** 1 of the counted artifact rares is actually a shardless troop. I just didn't feel like updating my sheet to have a shardless column.

AA spoilers for ladder seasons 2017 Season 2 Poll and 2017 Season 3 Sleeves
      • Trueheart Skirmisher
      • Inkheart Infuser (Must be common due to Trueheart being Uncommon and is included in the table as a result)
      • Cloud Bounder
      • Ivory Exemplar (Must be Uncommon due to Cloud bounder being Common and is included in the table as a result)

Name spoilers from en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html#/?p=11100 -
      • Copy Cat
      • Jurassic Spark
      • Friar Tusk
      • Cryptomaniac
      • Escape Goat
      • Commander P.R.O.M.P.T.
      • Birdeaucrat (Token card)
      • Chark Mart
      'Fact' spoilers also from en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html#/?p=11100
      • We have a card that appears in flavor text from three previous sets. Arachnomicon
      • We have a 1 cost troop with speed that can’t be dealt fatal combat damage. Escape Goat
      • A mushrooming mushroom will create a mushroom cloud when it dies. Boomshroom
      • We introduce the subtype “Lair.” Zorath's Rectory, Jorgen's Workshop and Shoku's Garden
      • We have the triumphant return of the mighty DINGLER. Dingle
      • There is a Blood action that can kill Walking Calamity, and not only will you and your troops NOT take 10 damage, your opponent’s will.
      • A Blood card will let you play cards from any other shard.
      • A Shards of Fate champion returns as a troop. *Assuming they aren't using champions who exist as AI cards this means it will either Gozzog, Dimmid, One Eye Open, Feather Drifting, Nin the Shadow, Polonius or Running Deer.
      • There is the culmination of a cycle that has appeared at Legendary and Rare since Shards of Fate.
      • There is a resource that grants you 2 resources to spend immediately.

Here's some other notes from previous sets to look out for in set 6.
      1) Set 3 + 4 had 10 legendary prismatic cards which made up 10 different shard combinations spread out as 5 per set(Not including tri+ shard). Set 5 currently has 5 of the 10 shard combinations on its own so it is possible the other 5 will end up in set 6. 1 time isn't enough to call this a pattern but I feel the odds look good.
      1A) B/R, B/W, D/S, D/W and R/S were in set 5 which leaves B/D, B/S, D/R, R/W and S/W for set 6
      1B) Each set has had a legendary dragon and with the dragons being prismatic since set 4 it looks good that one of the above legendary prismatic combinations for set 6 will be taken by the dragon.
      2) Every set has had a buffalo. Though as of set 5 we have had all fiveshards of buffalo so a new one would be either an artifact or a start of a new cycle (Maybe even prismatic beginnings but that's a complete guess)
      3) Every set has had an eternal card which is an artifact and legendary. (I probably could add this to the list but since it isn't announced or even hinted at I'm not including it early)
      4) There seems to be a cycle in set 5+6 where a legendary troop will have a threshold activated ability then a 5 threshold additional power. So far one exists for all shards except blood
      5) There seems to be a 'gang' cycle taking up a rare slot in each shard. So far Diamond and Wild are the only shards not represented
      6) There seems to be a 1 cost quick action conscript cycle taking up a common slot in each shard. So far Blood and Wild are the only shards no represented.

The post was edited 46 times, last by Reeplay ().

• Reeplay wrote:

I also want to to track something for set 6 spoilers as well. I'll add it to this post in the next few days. (Basically I'm reserving a spot in a thread that isn't mine).

Spoilers look nice so far btw. The paintbrush replacing the doubleback button is interesting and this is the first time I can remember where we got the sets in game icon with the first spoilers.

Don't forget the other 5 wells and the 5 cards referenced on set 5 cards too.
      I plan to add those to it once we see them, but yep, they're there too.

Side note... did we have diamond and blood equivalents to Mightsinger, Empress, and Matriarch? (I don't have every legendary, but I don't recall seeing cards that got bonuses for 5 diamond or 5 blood threshold...) If we didn't, those will probably be in this set as well.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Reeplay wrote:

I also want to to track something for set 6 spoilers as well. I'll add it to this post in the next few days. (Basically I'm reserving a spot in a thread that isn't mine).

Spoilers look nice so far btw. The paintbrush replacing the doubleback button is interesting and this is the first time I can remember where we got the sets in game icon with the first spoilers.

Side note... did we have diamond and blood equivalents to Mightsinger, Empress, and Matriarch? (I don't have every legendary, but I don't recall seeing cards that got bonuses for 5 diamond or 5 blood threshold...) If we didn't, those will probably be in this set as well.
      And they will likely be the money cards in the set.
    • Eraia wrote:

Reeplay wrote:

Calling Emperor of blood and Patriarch of diamond!
      If you're seeing this, I've moved from lurking to posting! Beware!
    • Reeplay wrote:

nice spot on the paint brush, i always though the left symbol was double back..... if its not what is it?
      I lost my old sig ;(
    • Catalonia wrote:

we have just images and names of cards, but 2017 season 2 rewards should be in
      board.hex.gameforge.com/index.…7%2Bseason%2B2#post613869
      Good call. And the season 3 as well. Ivory Exemplar and Cloud Bounder or whatever they were called.

I don't want to get too many 10 foot tall images, so I'll tackle those after I get home and can resize the images ;)

• I'm certainly looking forward to Talysen's Memorial. Looks like it'll be able to fit into the W/R Lysander decks (like what Arrgh top 8ed the CCS with). Unfortunately, it'll probably have to compete with Fireball because I do not think that a two-color deck will be able to play both 3-threshold cards and shards that don't produce any thresholds. Whether this makes the cut or not will likely end up coming down to the quality of the non-Fireball ruby removal available.

I'm unsure how to evaluate Scars of War. Quickspeed heatwave is certainly good enough to play if the decks it's strong against are popular, but I'm not sure how much the healing prevention clause on the card matters.
    • Mejis wrote:

Good spot on the paintbrush icon. I wonder if that'll just replace the EA toggle that's normally in the top right?
      My guess would be that it's an artist credit feature. I believe their was a dev interview where someone mentioned they'd be likely to include an artist credit before implementing double-backs, so maybe they're ready now?

Edit: Ninja'd by Thoom, but yeah, what he said.
      "A storm of madness approaches these shores; let us meet it with a tempest of our own."
    • Thoom wrote:

Mejis wrote:

Good spot on the paintbrush icon. I wonder if that'll just replace the EA toggle that's normally in the top right?
      I was thinking it'd be a button you can click to see the name of the artist.

Ah yeah, this seems way more likely and if it is the case then that's a feature that has been high up on my list for a long long time. Can't wait to get my artist googling on.
    • Lawton wrote:

It should also be noted that we know 5 more cards: the other 5 wells that correspond with the Shattered Destiny shards. The only thing we don't know for them is the art.
      since a few people have commented on this...

I've updated the main post to reference the cards we know but don't have complete versions of yet :)