Dropzone – Renegades wanted!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    HEX Entertainment has taken over publishing for HEX:Shards of Fate, you can read the details of this transition here. The Gameforge HEX forums are currently read only and will be shutting down on 22.03.2017. You can visit the new HEX web site and forums at hextcg.com.

    • Dropzone – Renegades wanted!



      At Gameforge there’s nothing we love more than games – and now our latest passion has landed: Dropzone!
      This game is the perfect blend of adrenaline and strategy, of MOBA and RTS, of cerebral tactics and blistering action… and it’s available on Steam right now!
      Head over to Steam today and check it out for yourself!
      Watch the trailer:


      Your Exclusive Gift
      As a Gameforge player, we have a special welcome gift for you: a coupon for a Vision Tower Customization available directly in the game. Simply enter the code ‘GameforgeEarlyAccess’ via the in-game shop to receive it!
      Dropzone Now Live on Twitch
      Today, 15th February, our big Dropzone Twitch Marathon starts to celebrate the launch. Click here to check out the fun or join in yourself!
    • Alchemy wrote:

      What's going on - Grimnir's first post since August 2016 and not even hex related. Can we get clarity on the community managers and why the hex announcement sub-forum is being used to push other gameforge offerings. This is crazy shizzle
      Nothing wrong with a little cross-promotion.

      It would be a bit more effective, however, if you offered a Hex reward (such as a sleeve) to those who tried out your new game.
    • Alchemy wrote:

      Can we get clarity on the community managers and why the hex announcement sub-forum is being used to push other gameforge offerings. This is crazy shizzle

      Because it is a Gameforge forum and Dropzone is another game published by Gameforge. I agree that a HEX-related reward would have been nicer for a cross-promotion, unfortunately it was not possible this time.

      Cernz wrote:

      because dropzone doesnt seem to be a success and i guess they want some ppl to try it out with mistake newsposts ;)

      Dropzone was just released in the Steam Early Access program today. How can it be a success before it was even released? Most of the reviews have been positive so far.

      In any case, I'm sure you will get over having one thread in the forum that has nothing to do with HEX other than also being a competitive game. Try the game if you want or don't, that's entirely up to you. But please stay on topic in this thread or I'll close it. Thank you.
    • Grimnir wrote:

      Alchemy wrote:

      Can we get clarity on the community managers and why the hex announcement sub-forum is being used to push other gameforge offerings. This is crazy shizzle
      Because it is a Gameforge forum and Dropzone is another game published by Gameforge. I agree that a HEX-related reward would have been nicer for a cross-promotion, unfortunately it was not possible this time.

      Cernz wrote:

      because dropzone doesnt seem to be a success and i guess they want some ppl to try it out with mistake newsposts ;)
      Dropzone was just released in the Steam Early Access program today. How can it be a success before it was even released? Most of the reviews have been positive so far.

      In any case, I'm sure you will get over having one thread in the forum that has nothing to do with HEX other than also being a competitive game. Try the game if you want or don't, that's entirely up to you. But please stay on topic in this thread or I'll close it. Thank you.
      But @Grimnir didn't you take over Darkfall's duties from the 1st January and you haven't posted anything Hex related the first time you pop up this year is to promote another game so I am confused by the community manager and announcement.

      KICKSTARTER Backer and Proud Member of The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • Ohh okay it was a cross promotion. I was a little confused because it came out of nowhere and had no message of being a promotion so I thought it might have been a mistake. I don't mind it being done either now or in the future but making it a little more apparent would be nice.

      I won't be looking too much into the game though. Just because the Moba genre isn't one i'm particularly interested in anymore.

      @Alchemy Stop being rude. There's far more tasks to being a community manager than posting on the forums and being with gameforge I expect he has more than just hex to deal with. We get plenty of information from the devs working directly at hex and there's probably not much more Grim can say that they haven't. And Darkfall didn't really post often either, he just popped up every couple of weeks or responded to gameforge specific questions like the website or the forums.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Reeplay ().

    • I can personally attest that there are a lot of good people over at Sparkypants Studios who have been enthusiastically working very hard to make Dropzone happen. They are a small and passionate team (not unlike Hex Entertainment), and bit of extra launch-day attention can help that sort of team immensely.
      Senior Quality Assurance Associate at Hex Entertainment
    • Went back and forth on whether I wanted to say anything about this.

      I honestly don't care about cross promotion here (this sort of cross promotion I mean. I do care if you try to gate Hex content behind making me play another game). It just stings a bit that our Gameforge community manager has at this point posted nearly as much about non-hex games as he has about Hex. While Darkfall wasn't a perfect CM he at least clearly was passionate about the game and made an effort.

      So that's it. Sure I'll look at Dropzone. Advertisement accomplished.
    • Reeplay wrote:

      Stop being rude. There's far more tasks to being a community manager than posting on the forums and being with gameforge I expect he has more than just hex to deal with. We get plenty of information from the devs working directly at hex and there's probably not much more Grim can say that they haven't. And Darkfall didn't really post often either, he just popped up every couple of weeks or responded to gameforge specific questions like the website or the forums.
      While cross-promotion within Gameforge is fine and all, I kinda agree with Alchemy here. Grimnir is the Gameforge employee that is designated to be the community manager for Hex. While we do hear from HXE about Hex stuff from time to time, things like the forums and the website fall entirely within Gameforge's jurisdiction now that those things got merged. Darkfall at least made an attempt at communicating with the community (because that's what the title implies), and took steps to try and fix the website. Since Darkfall stepped down, the community has been completely abandoned by Gameforge. The non-English parts of the website have not been updated once since Darkfall left, despite the fact that the main reason for dropping the original hextcg.com website was to better serve the non-English community.

      There might be more tasks involved in being a community manager as you suggest, but it still remains that the main task of a community manager is to actually manage the community, and deal with the tools the community has to engage with the game outside of the game. Those tools are the website and the forums, and since the beginning of the year, Gameforge has shown no intent of even caring about the Hex community.

      If Grimnir had been more present in the forums before this post, and if we had seen at least an attempt of improving the website, then we would have been a lot more forgiving of this kind of cross-promotion. As it stands, it looks like "community manager" is just the guy who posts non-Hex related stuff about other Gameforge games. As a community member, it's borderline insulting.

      That being said, I wish all the best to Sparkypants Studios with their new game.
    • Community managers in Gameforge don't need to intervene with community, they have volunteers for that. Admin is right hand of community manager, and I've been Darkfalls and now Grimnirs. Reason why Grimnir didn't post news for Hex is because there's Dinotropia (I do know he's not only Community manager but that's between them).

      Gameforge community managers has several communities to handle, and that job is far more then you think, thus where volunteers step in.

      Also, last time to be saying this. Please go back on topic.
      Tech and Board Admin. If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact me!
    • ok back to topic, charging 20 EUR for a game when there are games out there for free which seem to be "better" isnt the smartest move imo, which is amplified with the fact that a launch peak of 216 players online might not be the highscore in this category.

      i mean, i dont say that this game is bad, it looks fun and ok, but compared to all the f2p mobas out there (pseudo RTS asside) it will be gone at the end of the year (latest).

      but i hope i get proven wrong ofc.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

      ok back to topic, charging 20 EUR for a game when there are games out there for free which seem to be "better" isnt the smartest move imo, which is amplified with the fact that a launch peak of 216 players online might not be the highscore in this category.

      i mean, i dont say that this game is bad, it looks fun and ok, but compared to all the f2p mobas out there (pseudo RTS asside) it will be gone at the end of the year (latest).

      but i hope i get proven wrong ofc.


      Cernz, I believe you misunderstand the situation. And there are many others that misunderstoods/will misunderstand it. So, let me give some information (as much as I gathered without playing it) and perspective about it from a player to all fellow players that might read this.

      The game will be free to play, however, the closed beta of Dropzone is 'support the developer and get in the beta' type. I consider the game not launched just becouse of that. I must say, while I am quite interested in the game, I did not want to pay 20eur just yet either. I want to play it free first to try it out, and spend in money only then.

      There was another game that we love, which went through the same policy. HEX. When it was in open beta, Hex was not really free to play either. It was only maybe free to download. There was no PvE portion, no way to get any cards without entering paid tournoments whatsoever. Only the players who wanted to support Hex played it. Hex only released the game as a true f2p when it could really be played freely (which we discussed wheter it was a good time or not). There are MANY playing Hex freely now. Hex raised its playercount ever since even though not as much as we dreamed of. It may quite be that Dropzone waiting for it is correct time to 'release' it too. I will be very very surprised if it goes at the end of the year.

      Gametype wise, there is not a single game that does what Dropzone does as far as I know. The game includes 1v1,2v2 and PvE Co-Op. You control three characters in those situations. I am yet to see a moba which lets you control three character at once, or a moba that is balanced around 1v1 and 2v2, or a Moba with PvE content. The game looks very original and promising to me. If someone can point me out a game that is 'like a MOBA' but lets you control all the characters, I will be very thankfull.

      That being said, people also considered Hex as a MTG clone (and they still do the mistake to this day). We, as HEX players, know better. We know that there is enough mechanics and content to distinguish it from MTG. I believe same can be said about Dropzone. Todays real MOBA games are not actually better, but considered better becouse of its huge player base that came as a result of being free. If bigger playerbase meant better games, only then HEX (and many other titles) would actually be dead in a year, and we all would played MTGO.

      To give an example from other games of "different takes on MOBA" genre, Paragon is the best example I can think of. Sold at its beta for 30 euros or something. Now it is free to play with good support and fresh quality content even though its small playerbase with respect to Lol,Dota,Blizzard games,Ubisoft Games.

      I just wanted to say that, I do not understand all the hate that goes to Gameforge really. They are getting bashed all the time for various reasons which makes no sense at all when it is looked at it from outside objectively. They might be however, one of the handfull of companies that I know as a supporter of original game ideas.

      I, also want to wish luck to developers of Dropzone. And I look forward to playing their game in the future.