Friday Update - Song of the Immortal Flame

HEX Entertainment has taken over publishing for HEX:Shards of Fate, you can read the details of this transition here. The Gameforge HEX forums are currently read only and will be shutting down on 22.03.2017. You can visit the new HEX web site and forums at hextcg.com.

• assuming that post was directed at me... Why do people think because people complain that they don't like the game? i absolutely love the game... Yes i have huge complaints about how things are turning out but that doesn't mean the game deserves no complaints. people that love the game and complain are more important than people who love the game and stay silent when they are unhappy and way more important than people who continuously try to shut down the complaints that are very warranted
    • I think they'd just rather see helpful complaints. We'd all love the sets to come out sooner but constantly saying "Arg delays arg release arg let down" isn't quite constructive or helpful. It's impatience and nagging.

When excitement turns demanding then you're way too emotionally invested and should refrain from posting in that state. Not trying to arbitrate but pointing out that you most likely wouldn't flip out in a mall surrounded by people over poor service so no need to do it on a public forum. We get it, there's been a long wait for the next set. Feedback noted. Moving on now.
    • sorry but Corey Jones himself even said that consistency in set releases is the single most important thing in the survivability of a tcg. Demanding for that shouldn't even be necessary it should be essential in the genre and when it starts slipping people will get mad. And i know Corey must not be happy the set isn't out yet either and they must have their reasons but going radio silent is the WORST way of handling it
    • Corey? He hasn't even been on the forums since August. board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?user/17-cory-jones/

Coupled with other original team leavers, I'm not sure he or any others have much to do with HEX anymore. It's all Gameforge and the remaining HXE staff now so worry about what they think. Even the old website is gone with all the links to what Corey said or the future of HEX. Now we're getting legendaries that cost 2 and have great effects while uncommons that cost 6 aren't even close in power. Pretty indicative of a different team at the helm.

I'd stick to worrying about whether the set will be good when it's released and fret less over when it will release. But do as you will. Freedom!
    • I want Hex to be the most successful CCG on the market. I care deeply about hex. I have strong opinions. I'm abnormally successful. When I see people screwing the pooch, so to speak, I call it out - particularly when the solution requires a trivial bare minimum of work.

Like, whatever, if Hex fails I'll be upset but I'm more upset that the communication is abysmal. When the community manager position opened I wrote a looooong letter about how important the position was. That it was probably one of the most important positions on staff. I got a response, but clearly the meat of the letter has been ignored.

This bothers me.

To call it unhealthy to care about something you're invested in is positively absurd.
    • Zantetsuken wrote:

Corey? He hasn't even been on the forums since August. board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?user/17-cory-jones/

Coupled with other original team leavers, I'm not sure he or any others have much to do with HEX anymore. It's all Gameforge and the remaining HXE staff now so worry about what they think.

Sorry for the double post. I just want to call this out - it's something I've been concerned about for a while and badly want an answer on this as well. The moment they teamed up with Gameforge I was concerned, and I'd like to think I was wrong.
    • Zantetsuken wrote:

Corey? He hasn't even been on the forums since August. board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?user/17-cory-jones/

Coupled with other original team leavers, I'm not sure he or any others have much to do with HEX anymore. It's all Gameforge and the remaining HXE staff now so worry about what they think. Even the old website is gone with all the links to what Corey said or the future of HEX. Now we're getting legendaries that cost 2 and have great effects while uncommons that cost 6 aren't even close in power. Pretty indicative of a different team at the helm.

I'd stick to worrying about whether the set will be good when it's released and fret less over when it will release. But do as you will. Freedom!
      Cory is still hard at work making sure HEX is the game we all want. Don't assume anything from his relative silence. Besides, he continues to be active on Twitter.

We'll see Scars of War soon enough. It's a exciting time for HEX. I promise. :)
      Hex: Shards of Fate KS | Producer Highlands Magus

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
      "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
      "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."
    • To be fair, I think they got their hands full with thinking about immortal and making the set. That is one problem we won't be seeing in future sets to come (only if they decide to add a new format, then we will). But it will be a lot easier for them to design set 7 withut having to worry about making immortal playable. On top of that, Scars of War will probably bring massive updates to bugs we all had troubles with in past coupe of months.

That being said, I also dislike silence about ardor day delay, missing stuff in az2 and draft gauntlet.