Friday Update - Song of the Immortal Flame

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

The queues really take a toll on my patience with the game. I'm still not Cosmic this season and will most likely not hit top 64 because everyone who are have stopped playing, somewhat.

I can't even play the game when I want to because it takes 10 minutes (not exaggerating) for me to log into the game so most days that I want to play some HEX I have to plan ahead on what I want to do when I get into the game. And knowing that it's impossible to even get a game I just don't bother to log in at all.
    • New

NicoSharp wrote:

We got the closest thing to:

If classes ever expand, would be pretty fun to see Bard as a class, and stretch it out across all races.

No pressure, but release date maybe Tuesday? I see people sharpening pitchforks..
      Thaurissan's effect triggers at the end of turn though, which coupled with the complete absence of play during the opponent's turn in HS means that he will always trigger at least once, which was the main reason to play him as far as I remember. Viridian's cost reduction on the other hand will not work until two turns after you've played her, assuming she got to attack on turn 4. I personally think she'll be played more for the second part of the effect (the self-buffing) in aggro decks that empty their hand quickly. But I guess we'll just wait and see... mostly wait for now it seems.
    • New

Yasi wrote:

Meh, my hype for Scars of Wars died 2 weeks ago. Even if we get a release date I'll probably just play when I get around to it.

I'm sorta tired of HEX to be honest...there's really nothing to keep me interested.
      yep ... spoiler season waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo loooooooooooong :P but it was sort of expected since they messed up at each release :)
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • New

That's the problem with delays for CZE. If we had a billion players then CZE could delay the release of set6 for 10yrs and it'll be "fine." But that's not the case. Set6 needed to be release weeks ago so we'd have players to play against.

The delay of Ardor Day had me banging my head against a wall. I don't even care for the event, but just how little communication went on and as to when we'd possibly get it left me tired of CZE.
    • New

I feel kind of sorry for a lot of you. I don't know how you stay happy in life if you constantly expect things with no back up to what you're expecting.

You've expected a launch date this Friday or any other Friday? Why? Launch dates in hex have only ever been done maybe a week in advance.

You expected news on Friday? Why? For over 2 years now Fridays have only been collection of the news during the week, the only things announced on Friday now are events or initial announcements of new content and hex is hardly going to do an initial announcement of set 7 while set 6 is still being spoiled. It's not like the launch date being out actually makes it happen any faster

You think hex should do the launch dates on the initial announcement? Why? So there's an actual way to be disappointed? Hex announced ardor day a week in advance and they still had to delay it because they hit a hurdle, how high are the chances of that happening if they announced a date 6 weeks in advance?

You think spoiler season has been too long? Why? Since set 5 spoiler season has started the 2nd Monday after the first announcement and lasts 4 weeks where we get multiple card spoilers a day and several articles a week with the announcement normally several weeks later. I can't think of any game or even company who sets up that many weeks of daily news.

You think the ardor day patch has delayed things? Why? Just because one thing is delayed doesn't mean the thing behind it has to be. Maybe they even just merged the patches if they ended to being too close together

I can understand newer players not getting this because the approach hex takes is different to other companies but this is how hex do things and it makes sense given the size of their studio. But some of you have been here for years and have said the same thing every content launch. Stop acting like you not getting what you wanted with no basis to want it is a disaster. It wouldn't surprise me if the real reason some staff left in the new year was because they couldn't take working for such an ungrateful community anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card looks nice. I will try and use it in limited. I'm not sure how good it will be in constructed though since the earliest it can go off is turn 5 unless you find a way to exhaust the same turn you play it turn 3
    • New

Can't speak for everyone, but the friday thing simply symbolizes the end of the week. And every week that goes by without a release date or otherwise, is a point of sourness towards the game.

I said months ago that stability of PvP releases was the absolute low bar for continued success of a CCG.

Within 2 sets, they've already faltered on this.

Without stability, there is no game.

A lack of communication regarding this is a lack of caring for the players, regardless of how you feel.
    • New

You've expected a launch date this Friday or any other Friday? Why? Launch dates in hex have only ever been done maybe a week in advance.
      I expected a launch date on any day, weeks ago. Friday is just the last day I can say my discontent before CZE leave for the weekend.

You expected news on Friday? Why? For over 2 years now Fridays have only been collection of the news during the week, the only things announced on Friday now are events or initial announcements of new content and hex is hardly going to do an initial announcement of set 7 while set 6 is still being spoiled. It's not like the launch date being out actually makes it happen any faster
      Like above. Just the last day of the week I can show my discontent before CZE leave for the weekend. Communication is already poor, so I wanted to buildup all the disappointment of the week into one single post on Friday. It wouldn't do anybody any good if I make a post on Monday saying I'm disappointed, make another post on Tuesday saying I'm disappointed, another post on Wednesday, and so on...I feel it's best to just put it all on Friday like a civilized person.

You think the ardor day patch has delayed things? Why? Just because one thing is delayed doesn't mean the thing behind it has to be. Maybe they even just merged the patches if they ended to being too close together
      Nobody thinks this. What I'm saying is that the Ardor Day delay shows that CZE is still clearly not fully committed to communicating with the community on things.
    • New

In a sense I get what youre saying reeplay but the thing is following:
      Set 6 was released 9/07/16. Thats 5 months and a week back and we still got not release date. So in all likelyhood it will be around 6 months.

Say what you want but thats not acceptable. And even if you ignore the fact that they repeadetly set 4 month gaps and repeadetly said that it will all be better with the next Set, even then you have to realize that its just not good for the health of the game to have such long gaps. A set brings players back and money for HXE.

And yes I am sorry I have to be so directly. Communication is still just bad. There have be plenty of promises saying that communication would all get better. I dont know why it doesnt happen but fact is it doesnt happen.

Several threads that have been there for basically over half a year with 30 pages and no response whatsoever by HXE. People disagree a lot but they also agree on a lot but the main issue is that HXE doesnt say anything. What about a way to earn packs via constructed ? What about esports ? Will we ever get another Invitational or is CCS all we can expect ? Could we have more transparency on how the leaderboard works ? What about the meta discussion ? You dont have to do anything with the meta necessarily but at least communicate. Are you happy with the state of the meta ? Are you happy with the playerbase numbers ? Are you happy in general with how HEX is coming along ? Why do tournaments break all the time (even without patches) ? Can we have some info on what the issues are here ?
      What about draf gauntlet ? Happy with that ? Any chance we will see a change to the prize structure or even see regular draft back at some point in time ?
      What about another state of the game letter by Cory ?

And I know people will say that I am just whining but you know what..so be it. Say what you want but if you think there are no issues at all you are just ignoring reality.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Metronomy ().

• New

Reeplay wrote:

You think hex should do the launch dates on the initial announcement? Why? So there's an actual way to be disappointed? Hex announced ardor day a week in advance and they still had to delay it because they hit a hurdle, how high are the chances of that happening if they announced a date 6 weeks in advance?

[...]

I can understand newer players not getting this because the approach hex takes is different to other companies but this is how hex do things and it makes sense given the size of their studio. But some of you have been here for years and have said the same thing every content launch. Stop acting like you not getting what you wanted with no basis to want it is a disaster. It wouldn't surprise me if the real reason some staff left in the new year was because they couldn't take working for such an ungrateful community anymore.
      It's not that we're disappointed in not getting information that are not used to expect (release date months in advance, tons of new stuff in the Friday update, it's that there are pending issues, and 10 days ago, we have been told to "Stay tuned for more details". A Friday update would be a perfect opportunity to provide more details.

The disappointment expressed above is us staying tuned. HXE can't tell us to stay tuned for details, not provide details, and then play dumb wondering why we're expressing disappointment.

If it was just about set 6, then it would be a different story, but lately, things that have been working very well for years (FiveShards tournaments, seasonal events, etc.) is suddenly very broken, and we have no clue as to when it will all be fixed.
    • New

I think they wait with the new set till we all get our Eternal-Card-Game collections complete.
      Playing for 4 weeks now, have nearly all the cards I want and enough Shiftstone to get the missing legendaries here and there. So in 3 more weeks there is no reason to play Eternal anymore till they release a new set and we can switch back to Hex and enjoy our new set here.